Habits of a Clean Home

Good Late Evening

Do you ever get to the stage where you come home, take one look at your house and want to just walk straight back out the door again? 

Trust me, I get it all the time but we can all adjust to new habits to make things that little bit easier, I've compiled a list of 5 easy habits that won't take more than 5 minutes and if we do them daily we might actually feel the advantages of them. 

1. Make your bed - how many of us wake up in the morning and just leave the bed as is? If I'm honest that's probably the only one of these habits I do daily, I can't leave my bed unmade. Especially when it's all Christmas themed. But there is something really satisfying about making the bed and it gives an instant clean feeling to any bedroom once it's done. Doing the rest of the room isn't such a drag. Do any of you make your bed whenever you wake up? Or when do you prefer to do it? 

2.Put the Dishes Away - I do my dishes daily but always leave them lying in the drying rack till I do my next set of dishes. I think this habit would be quite useful because the kitchen surfaces wouldn't look so cluttered and the sink would feel a lot cleaner, this is definitely a habit I want to start. Do any of you put your dishes away straight away or do you leave them for a while? 

3. Load of Washing Daily - Washing! Yes j used that dreaded word! Have you ever had so much of it that you wonder when you got so many clothes? I wonder that all the time because I can never find anything to wear. I find my washing piles up so quickly and it's just me living on my own, I think a load a day would be a great idea because then there's always
Something getting washed. What do you think of this? How many loads do you do daily? 

4. Pick up around the house - a lot of things have a habit of appearing where they are not meant to so a daily pick up to get things back in their correct places would reduce clutter and give it a clean appearance. I tend to do this weekly but I find at the end of the week there is a load of clutter to tidy up. Do you do a daily pick up? Or how often do you do it? 

5. Clean the Kitchen before bed - there's nothing worse than waking up in the morning to find sticky bowls, or no spoons ready for the Cereal, Or even worse when the surfaces haven't even been wiped down. I'm a really bad one for this, my kitchens the last place to be tidied but going to bed with a clean kitchen would make those dreaded early mornings a bit more bare able. 

What are your daily habits and how frequently do you follow them? 

Until next time 
Jamie-Leigh & Jack XO 

Comments

Popular Posts